How to brush a dog’s teeth.
This video is a courtesy of dvm360.com and is a great demonstration of how to brush your dogs teeth. Some of the key points to take away are
- Start teaching your dog at a young age
- Periodontal disease is a common, and serious problem with pets
- Prevention is the key to keeping them healthy and happy.
- Take it slow. Introduce tooth brushing in small steps so that your dog doesn’t get overwhelmed and upset.
- Teach your dog that good things always happen when he gets his teeth brushed
- Take your dog to the veterinarian for an annual checkup, which should include an oral exam. As your dog ages, your vet may recommend professional cleaning, which is usually done under anesthesia.
The ASPCA has a wonderful article highlighting some of these items in more detail. You can read more here…